Windows 7 is worthwhile for users of previous versions. Vista users are getting a more economical upgrade price in comparison to other versions.
Below are illustrated step-by-step instructions for achieving the upgrade.
Windows Vista users will be able to directly upgrade to Windows 7 which means that all your programs and applications will be automatically migrated to a new operating system. Vista to Windows7 upgrade paths are limited to:
Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium.
Windows Vista Business to Windows 7 Professional.
Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate.
You have to keep in mind that if you do not follow above paths then you will have to perform a fresh installation of Windows7. Few things you should consider before you attempt an upgrade are:
> 9GB free Hard Disk Space.A
> Install Windows 7 on the same partition where you have installed Windows Vista.
> Base Language must match the target Windows 7 language.
Before proceeding with your upgrade, you will have to check Windows 7 compatibility with your PC. Windows 7 Advisor is available for checking the compatibility with new release. You can simply download, run the setup and then install on the PC. Advisor will automatically tell you if there is some compatibility issue.
As you have ensured using Advisor that compatibility is okay—now you have to use following steps to start the update process.
1. Insert Windows 7 DVD in CD/DVD ROM of your computer and click on Install Now option on the screen.
2. Below are the options you would see when hitting Install Now option.
a. Go online to get the latest update for installation.
b. Do not get the latest updates for installation.
Select Second option if you have latest version of Windows 7, otherwise you may choose first.
3. Next screen contains license terms. Click on I accept the license agreement option and click on Next.
4. You will see two options now; one is Custom and second is Upgrade. You should choose Upgrade.
5. Now windows will check for compatibility and in case it finds any issues, it will show you report on your desktop. If there are no compatibility issues then you just need to follow normal Windows installation procedure to complete the upgrade process.
Once finished with upgrade of Windows Vista to Windows 7, experts recommend using a registry cleaner and PC Optimization tool to scan your system for Windows Internal Errors and other common PC errors. A best Windows 7 Cleaner will help you run your Windows 7 under normal conditions and also help you to speed up computer .